In This Issue:
Skin Rejuvenation Protocol. Find out the best methods for renewing a youthful appearance to skin. Dr. Myatt summarizes the research, then puts it all together in a comprehensive “Skin Renewal” program. A MUST for Summer skin care!
Member News and Notes
*We heard your feedback and Thank You! By popular vote, HealthBeat will be delivered in “abstract”(summary) form to your mailbox. Simply click the underlined links to go to those articles you are interested in.
* Upcoming topics: by reader request, future topics will include natural hormone replacement therapy; Omega-3 Fatty Acids and how to obtain them; osteoporosis, prostate health, and more.
* Send a sample issue of HealthBeat to a Friend and let them share the medical updates. If they enjoy it, they can sign up at no charge.
The Product EVERYONE Should Have On Hand!
ARE YOU PREPARED FOR A RADIATION EMERGENCY?
Potassium Iodide (KI) Can Shield You From Thyroid Cancer
With 103 active commercial nuclear reactors in the United States, we live in constant threat of a nuclear emergency every day. A terrorist attack on any one of these facilities, or the release of a “dirty bomb” is also a possibility in today’s “highly charged” world. In fact, in an emergency, if you live within 200 miles of a nuclear reactor, you have a high risk of being exposed to significant doses of radioactive isotopes. In the event of a nuclear accident or attack radioactive materials can be released into the atmosphere, a high percentage of which is radioactive iodine. When a radioactive iodine cloud passes through a populated area, the radiation is concentrated into the thyroid gland of those exposed. The result is irreparable damage to the thyroid, which can lead to cancer. The 1986 Chernobyl accident in the Ukraine is a tragic example.
The best protection against thyroid damage and thyroid cancer induced by radioactive iodine exposure is Potassium Iodide. This simple compound protects the thyroid by saturating all of the iodine binding sites in the gland, leaving no room for the binding of radioactive iodine. Potassium Iodide is a low-cost way to protect yourself and your family against the long-term consequences of exposure to radiation. When used correctly, potassium iodide tablets can prevent or reduce the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland. Even the government and the military stocks up on potassium iodide in case of nuclear disaster.
The body can’t distinguish between radioactive and the benign version of iodine, which is necessary for thyroid function. Taking 130 mg of potassium iodide, the dosage widely recommended for the blocking of radioactive iodine in the event of a nuclear disaster, can quickly and completely protect the thyroid gland, which is one of the organs most commonly damaged by radioactive fallout. Dr. Myatt’s Wellness Club offers a supplement that contains 14 x 130 mg tablets of potassium iodide. Tablets are scored for easy breakage in the case of any need for dosages smaller than 130 mg, as recommended for children and pets.
How many packages do you need?
The FDA recommends that you have one package per person available.* Remember that during an emergency, you may not be able to get to your home, thus it is recommended to have packages stored in several places as well. Since the shelf life of this product is virtually unlimited, you should have to purchase your supply only once. Have this on hand for your family, and remember the children, pets, grandchildren, too!
* To view home preparation procedures for emergency administration of potassium iodide, visit the FDA website at http://www.fda.gov/cder/drugprepare/kiprep.htm Only take potassium iodide tablets when guided by health officials in your area and follow guidelines included with each bottle.
Skin Rejuvenation Protocol
The skin (integument) is the body’s first line of defense in protection from the external environment. If it also one of the first things people notice about us. Healthy skin is both a cosmetic blessing and a sign of a healthy underlying system, yet few people know how best to take care of this important organ. Let’s focus on some of the most important things we can do to protect this amazing bit of our architecture!
A Basic Regimen for Skin Care
- Nutrition: Beauty from the Inside Out. Healthy skin requires water, essential fatty acids and nutrients to be truly healthy. No amount of topical cosmetics will make up the difference to skin that is under-nourished. The skin requires the following:
A.) Water ! The body is 60% or more water. Even a subtle dehydration makes lines and wrinkles appear deeper, whereas being well hydrated “plumps” skin and minimizes the appearance of lines. Drink 64 ounces of PURE water per day, especially in the Summer,
B.) UV Light: Small amounts of UV are beneficial to the skin, but excess amounts can cause premature aging and contribute to skin cancer. Ten minutes of early-morning sun several times per week is sufficient for skin health. Beyond that, always wear a UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of 15, especially on the face.
C.) Smoking (and second-hand smoke): Causes a constriction of the small blood vessels that bring nutrients to the skin, depriving skin of both water, vitamins and minerals, and fatty acids. Smoking is one of the absolute WORST things you can do to skin. Don’t go there!
- Multiple Vitamin/Mineral Supplements: An optimal vitamin/mineral/trace mineral formula such as Maxi Multi supplies the important micronutrients required for healthy skin.
- Essential fatty Acids: The skin needs essential fats from the inside out to stay moisturized. EFA’s are supplied by flaxseed oil, flaxseed meal, or fish oil. Be sure to take 1-2 TBS of flax oil or 3 Caps of fish oil per day, and include fatty fish such as salmon in the diet twice per week. (You’ll learn more about Essential fats in upcoming installments of The New Keto Diet).
- Grape seed extract: 50-100 mg, 2-3 times per day is an optional “metanutrient” that aids the skin by improving collagen formation (the underlying structural material of skin) AND by acting as a potent antioxidant to protect skin from oxidation. (The human equivalent of “rust”!)
- A Basic Regimen for Skin Care
I.) Cleanse: The purpose is to gently remove surface debris without stripping natural oils. Most soaps are highly alkali and strip skin of natural oils. Wash skin twice per day in a mild soap like Dove or Ivory (both are highly recommended by many dermatologists).
II.) Skin Cream: Proven ingredients helpful for topical application include antioxidants (A,C,E, alpha lipoic acid) in a form that is easily absorbed by the skin (micronized). Glycolic acid helps break down old cells so they can be replaced more quickly with new cells from beneath. DMAE (dimethylaminoethanol) helps firm sagging skin, NaPCA aids moisture retention and Sunscreens that protect from UVA, UVB, and UVC are all useful in keeping skin radiant.
I have found it difficult if not impossible to find a good cream that contains all of these important ingredients until now. Rejuvenex is the first cosmetic preparation that I am aware of to combine the finest, proven ingredients into one easy formula. You can try to duplicate all of these skin essentials yourself, but you will be working hard and paying far more for the individual preparations. (Believe me, I know from experience. That’s how I’ve been making my own cream until now!).
In order to introduce you to the benefits of this formula, plus help you get started on a skin rejuvenation and protection program of your own (especially important as the Summer sun heats up), we have special-purchased Rejuvenex so we can offer it to you at a lower introductory price.
This cream is rich, wonderful, contains “all the right stuff” as listed above, and more, and a little goes a long way. You need only apply it morning and evening to get great results. Both men and women will benefit. As an alternative, you can do as I was doing and mix your own ingredients, just be sure to include the above-listed items for best results.
To order Rejuvenex, CLICK HEREor call 1-800-376-9288