Are You Relying on a Flu Shot Alone to Protect You?
The flu is expected to strike 24,700,000 people in the US alone this year according to CDC predictions (which are usually accurate because they are based on previous years’ statistics). An estimated 41,4000 will die from complications of their infection.
If you are you relying on a flu shot alone to protect you from colds and flu this winter, the odds are not in your favor. With 200+ strains of flu viruses and over 700 different strains of cold viruses waiting to have their way with you, a flu shot aimed at protecting you from only three of these 900+ viruses can still leave you wide-open to life-threatening infection. Even the majority of flu victims who recover still suffer from low energy, immune weakness and respiratory symptoms for weeks or months afterward. As “simple” and old-fashioned as the flu may sound, it is still a deadly disease.
A Healthy Immune System Is Your Best Safeguard Against The Flu
Your body has a built-in safeguard against viruses, bacteria, parasites, fungus and even cancer. This shield, called the Immune System, is far more effective than any vaccination or modern-day drug against a wide range of diseases. Unfortunately, many factors “inherent to modern life,” such as nutrient deficiencies, smoking, stress, environmental pollutants, overweight, sleep deprivation, excess sugar and carbohydrates in the diet and even aging, all weaken this incredible defense system. Renewing the Immune System to a youthful level of performance can do more for immunity than all the drugs of modern medicine combined.
Meet Your Mighty Immune System
Your body has an entire “army” to protect you from foreign invasion. It is called the Immune System. Like any good military, each “division” of this army has a specific duty to perform — far beyond just the white blood cells you learned about in biology class.
The immune system is one of the most complex and crucial systems in the body. It is composed of organs, cells and immune factors. Your body’s cellular army includes:
- Natural Killer (NK) cells,
- Polymorphonuclear Cells (PMN’s),
- dendritic cells
The body also produces a variety of “immune factors” that direct the activity of the immune cells. These immune factors include:
- Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF).
The bone marrow, thymus, spleen and lymph nodes are also part of the immune system.
Each of these organs, cells and immune factors work in together to protect the host (that’s you!) from infection by viruses, bacteria, parasites, protozoans, funguses and cancerous cells. Because each part of this system works as part of the whole, when even a single “platoon” of this complex army goes AWOL, the entire immune “military” is compromised, along with the health of the body it is designed to protect.
Beyond Vaccines and Antibiotics: Boosting Immunity Naturally
Vaccines like the “flu shot” activate only a small part of the immune system and only against a few viruses, leaving the door wide-open for hundreds of other viruses, bacteria, funguses, and parasites to infect the host. Antibiotics are only effective against certain bacteria; they do nothing to prevent or cure viral or fungal infections. And neither vaccines nor antibiotics improve overall immunity. In fact, overuse of antibiotics can cause “Super Bugs,” deadly bacteria that are resistant to all known antibiotics. In certain instances, these drugs can be life-saving, but for overall protection from viruses and bacteria, they pale compared to the body’s own immune system.
Fortunately, many herbs and nutrients are proven to stimulate immune function. Not only do a number of these nutrients and herbs have a direct “kill” effect like antibiotics, many of them also increase various aspects of immune response in general, a feat that vaccines and antibiotics just can’t do.
Here’s the Good News: Proven Nutrients and Herbs to Boost Immunity
- Vitamin A. One of the most highly documented nutrients necessary for normal immune function, vitamin A increases neutrophil phagocytosis, cell- mediated immunity, humoral response and interleukin-2 production. Recent research has found a strong link between vitamin A deficiency and upper respiratory infections.
- Vitamin C. Like vitamin A, vitamin C has been the subjects of hundreds of scientific studies. Vitamin C is antiviral and antibacterial, but its most potent effect is to enhance immunity. It increases white blood cell activity, interferon production, and thymic hormone secretion. Levels of vitamin C are quickly depleted during infection. Other studies have shown that people who take higher doses of vitamin C are less likely to contract colds and flu, and if they do get sick, their illnesses are less severe and of shorter duration.
- Zinc The essential mineral zinc is an enzyme activator that is necessary for normal immune function. Unfortunately, it is a mineral that is often lacking in the Standard American Diet (S.A.D.). Optimal zinc intake helps boost immunity and also serves as an antioxidant.
- Echinacea (Echniacea angustifolia) With over 400 scientific studies to its credit, Echinacea is one of the most widely studied medicinal herbs. It’s value in enhancing immunity well-proven. Echinacea activates NK, T-lymphocyte and neutrophil activity, and stimulates interferon production. It also increases non specific defense mechanisms including alternate complement pathways. In animal studies, Echinacea is anti-tumerogenic.
- Astragalus (A. membranaceus) Human and animal studies have shown that Astragalus is a potent antiviral, able to provide protection from the viruses that cause influenza and the common cold by increasing T-cell activity and stimulating interferon, interleukin-2, and IgA and IgG antibodies.
- Medicinal Mushrooms (Maitake, Shiitake, Reishi) act as immune stimulants and anti-tumorogenic agents. They have been used by the Chinese for this purpose for thousands of years and modern research has verified their immune-stimulating benefits. Beta 1,3 Glucan, a constituent of medicinal mushrooms, actives T-cells and stimulates cytokine production.Studies conducted in Japan with lentinan (a beta-1,3-1,6-glucan from the shiitake mushroom) have shown an increase in immune Natural Killer (NK) cells and an increased survival time in cancer patients, sometimes by more than five years. In fact, Lentinan is considered a drug in Japan and is approved for clinical use.
Although medicinal mushrooms (and their active ingredient, beta-glucan) have been most widely studied as immune-stimulating anti-cancer agents, they have also been shown to be effective immune stimulants in a variety of infectious diseases (including anthrax) as well.
- Ligustrum (ligustrum lucidum) Ligustrum has been used in combination with astragalus in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years. Studies conducted in China show that ligustrum stimulates the immune system, decreases inflammation and protects the liver.
- Goldenseal (hydrastis canadensis) Goldenseal has both antibiotic AND immune-stimulating properties. The active ingredient in Goldenseal, berberine, is a broad spectrum antibiotic that is effective against variety of bacteria, protozoa, and fungi. Bacteria that are vulnerable to berberine are Staph, Strep, and Enterococcal species. Berberine also inhibits the growth of yeasts (such as Candida) which often overgrow as a response to antibiotic treatment. Berberine further boosts immunity by increasing the blood supply to the spleen and activating macrophages.
- Quercetin is a flavonoid found in many plants including apples, onions, green and black tea. Small amounts are also found in green leafy vegetables. Flavonoids occur in nature in combination with vitamin C, and appear to protect and enhance vitamin C’s action.
- Garlic (Allium sativum) As a food and a medicine, garlic comes close to being a true panacea. Research has proved garlic’s immune-stimulating ability, including activation of NK and T-cells. Garlic has potent broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity against alpha and beta Strep, Klebsiella pneumonia, Salmonella, Staph aureus, Mycobacteriaum and Proteus spp. Unlike drug antibiotics, there is no evidence that bacteria cen become “immune” to garlic’s effects.
Safeguard Your Health Before It’s Too Late
By the time you feel the first symptoms of a cold or the flu, the virus is already active in your body. Even at this stage, immune-boosting nutrients and herbs can help shorten the duration and severity of infection. But why risk even a mild infection when you can safeguard your health all season long?
Adding a variety of immune-stimulating nutrients and herbs to your supplement program can help you increase your body’s immune response by up to 200% or more — and protect yourself from ALL the season’s “bad bugs” and viruses — not just a few.
Will You Make This Dangerous Mistake?
I don’t know why some people do this, but I’ve seen it many times. They learn about immune-boosting herbs and nutrients. They decide it would be wise to add them to their supplement program in order to protect their health, especially during the height of cold and flu season. But they don’t follow through.
Instead, they wait until the fever and chills begin — and by then, they’re often too sick to run around town trying to find these healing nutrients. Even those who manage to crawl to a local health food store can’t be sure of what they are getting, and are often too miserable at this point to do good research on the available products.
Do your “due diligence” NOW — while you’re feeling fine — then lay in a supply of immune-boosting nutrients and herbs and take them all Winter long. You’ll be glad to spend the season infection-free, even when those around you are laid up with colds, flu and other seasonal maladies.
Are These Proven Immune-Boosting Nutrients in YOUR Healing Arsenal?
I’m called “The Dragon Lady” in the nutritional foods industry. Why? Because my standard for herbs and supplements is uncompromising. I believe that “the most expensive supplement is the one that doesn’t work.” You can buy a cheap formula that you know nothing about and hope for the best. Personally, I don’t trust my own health to any nutritional formula unless I am convinced of it’s potency, purity and scientific formulation. That’s why I felt compelled to make my own immune formula — so I could be confident of it’s effectiveness.
I’ve taken the most well-researched immune-boosting vitamins, minerals and herbs and put them into a single, easy-to-take formula called Immune System Support. Just two capsules a day delivers the therapeutic doses of the herbs and nutrients documented to improve immune system function. When added to a daily program of nutritious diet, moderate exercise and optimal vitamin/mineral supplementation, Immune System Support will do more to protect you from infection than any vaccination or antibiotic could ever do. Although Nurse Mark and I are exposed to sick people are year long, we rarely ever “catch” anything because we keep our immune systems in shape with the simple, natural strategy outline above.
If you want to do more to keep yourself infection-free all year long, and especially during the “flu season,” you should be taking a proven immune formula that looks a lot like my Immune System Support. Better yet, just take Immune System Support. I’ve already done all the “heavy lifting” of research, formulation and quality control for you. Here’s what I’ve come up with:
Immune System Support
Each (two) capsules contain
Echinacea angustifolia root (4% echinacoside) 100 mg
Astragalus membranaceus root extract 250 mg
Maitake mushroom TD-fraction extract 25 mg
Maitake mushroom powder 100 mg
Shiitake mushroom powder 200 mg
Reishi mushroom powder 100 mg
Ligustrum lucidum fruit extract 100 mg
Goldenseal root (Hydrastis canadensis) 10 mg
Quercetin 50 mg
Garlic (Allium sativum) bulb powder 50 mg
Vitamin A (as beta carotene) 2,500 IU
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 100 mg
Vitamin B-6 5 mg
Folic acid 400 mcg
Vitamin B-12 5 mcg
Pantothenic acid 5 mg
Zinc 10 mg
Suggested dose: 2 capsules per day for general immune enhancement. May be increased to 2 caps, 3 times per day for acute infections or additional immune support.
The Money Back Guarantee
My Accountant Says I’m Nuts to Offer
Nobody — I mean NOBODY — guarantees that you won’t get the flu. Did your doctor promise you a money-back guarantee if you get the flu in spite of having a flu shot? Hahahaha. When it comes to seasonal viruses, nothing is a sure bet. But I’ve scoured the medical literature with a fine-toothed comb. I’ve put the highest quality nutrients into my Immune System Support formula. And I’ve used this power-house of herbs and nutrients for years in my clinical practice, so I know what results to expect. I might be crazy, but I’m not stupid. I want you to stay infection-free this Winter, especially from a life-threatening case of the flu. So here’s how I’m going to entice you to take Immune System Support all Winter long.
If you promise to faithfully take just two capsules per day of Immune System Support, plus the daily multiple vitamin/mineral supplement equivalent of my Maxi Multi formula*, I’m confident the flu won’t be able to touch you. If you get the flu while you are taking Immune System Support and Maxi Multi’s, I’ll refund your entire season’s cost of both products. (I can’t guarantee the effectiveness of someone else’s multiple formula). All you have to do is promise to take your Maxi Multi’s and Immune System Support faithfully. I don’t think you’d try and fool me about having the flu — it’s far too serious a matter.
Now you have access to the most powerful immune-boosting herbs and nutrients on the planet – all in one place. These are the nutrients and herbs that will activate your immune system and make you “bullet proof” to colds, flu and other “seasonal maladies.”
* studies show that a ‘once-per-day” (one pill per day) vitamin supplement is worthless for increasing immunity, but that an optimal daily dose of vitamins and minerals (such as found in Maxi Multi), significantly increases immune function. These immune-enhancing effects are most pronounced in seniors over age 65, although they apply to all age groups.
I’ve taken all the risk. You don’t have anything to lose except your susceptibility to colds, flu, bacterial infections and a whole host of other nasty infectious diseases. How can you lose?
Please Order Today: Supplies Are Limited
I don’t want you to be disappointed, so please order today to avoid missing out on this offer. Our supply of Immune System Support is limited because we use only the highest quality raw materials in this formula. Inferior herbs are easy to come by, but herbs of the highest quality are like vintage wines — there’s only so much available each year and when it’s gone, it’s gone. I won’t compromise my standards in order to keep pumping out an inferior formula. I’ll just have to tell you that we are “backordered” until more becomes available. But that won’t help keep you safe through flu season, will it?
Rather than selling junk, I’ve chosen instead to limit the number of people I can make my “all winter long” guarantee to — which includes making the formula available continuously. My private practice patients who already take this formula get “first dibs,” of course. Wellness Club Members also have priority. After everyone in these two groups is locked in to their winter supply (I recommend taking this at least through the end of April), I’ll make the rest available to those few folks who see the wisdom in taking charge of their own immune health. Those who sign up for “auto-order” will have their supply shipped every month and will be guaranteed to “get the goods.”
Don’t wait a minute longer…start boosting your immune system NOW before the flu season hits.
Dr. Dana Myatt
Dana Myatt, N.M.D.