What You Should Know (But Have Not been Told) About Your Drinking Water
- Water is essential for good health
- your drinking and bathing water may be contaminated
- water contaminants are linked to a wide variety of illnesses
- how you can protect yourself from impure water
Every Body Needs Water
57-70% of adult human body weight is water. Every cell in the body is dependent on water for survival and optimal function. Consider a few of the many important functions of body water:
- maintenance of normal skin tone (dehydrated skin appears wrinkled
- maintenance of normal bowel function (lack of water is a common cause of constipation
- maintenance of normal urinary tract function (lack of water can lead to urinary tract infection, urinary frequency, kidney stones and bladder cancer)
- maintenance of normal muscle tone
- maintenance of normal fluid balance (dehydration leads to water retention; sufficient water acts as a diuretic)
- maintenance of normal digestion (many nutrients are transported via the body’s water)
- elimination of toxins (lungs, kidneys, skin and intestinal tract all depend on water for eliminative functions)
- joints require sufficient water to make the “jello” (glycosaminoglycands) that provide cushioning
Your Best Bet for Safe Drinking Water
Your best bet for safe, clean drinking water is install an under-sink or countertop water purifier. The reverse-osmosis type is very reliable. If you don’t want to invest the money to do that, a simple pitcher with a charcoal filter is better than most bottled water. You can see how different systems stack up with this brand comparison chart.
And don’t forget your shower-water! When you’re hot (and your skin’s pores are wide-open), you can absorb toxins from the water. Shower filters are inexpensive and reliable.
For maximum protection, whole house water filters are the ultimate safeguard against water-borne toxins and impurities. These are not inexpensive but they offer great peace of mind.
A Good Water Filter is a Cheap Investment in Your Health
A reliable, highly-effective under-sink water filter is an excellent health investment, especially when you consider how important water is to health. The human body is about 60% water. That means we can have 60% of our total body weight contaminated with a variety of toxins if we drink lousy water.
The highest-rated water filters cost about the same as the cheap junk.
Aquasana Water Purifiers makes some of the highest-rated filters at the best prices.
Regular (annual) testing of your family’s drinking water is a wise investment in good health – especially if you are drinking municipal water that has been “treated”, flouridated and chlorinated! Well-water is also subject to contamination from a variety of sources and must be tested annually to ensure your family’s safety.