Live A Long and Healthy Life
Many of the practices that make for a healthier life also increase life expectancy. In addition, some herbs and nutritional substances may increase life expectancy, although this is less well-proven than the health practices described below.
Factors which have definitely been shown to increase life expectancy, demonstrated in decades-long research in animals and also in human population studies: Maintaining a lean body mass index (being at the lean end of your desirable weight range) while maintaining a high level of nutrition. Staying slim through nutrient deprivation doesn’t extend life. Staying slim by eating a high quality diet does. (See Weight Loss if you are overweight).
No other physical means (not even exercise) is proven to increase life expectancy. (Exercise is known to increase health span, meaning the number of years that a person stays healthy. We have no proof that it increases total lifespan, however).
Diet And Lifestyle Recommendations
- Diet: eat a diet high in nutrient-rich foods.
- Achieve and maintain a normal weight. Overweight is the second biggest cause of premature aging and death. (Smoking is first).
- Exercise regularly. 30 minutes, 3 times per week minimum.
- Don’t smoke! Smoking is the single biggest cause of premature aging and death.
- Follow the Ten Golden Rules of Good Health.
- Maxi Multi: 3 caps, 3 times per day with meals OR , one packet per day with a meal.
- Maxi Greens: 3 caps, 3 times per day with meals.
- CoQ10: 50-300mg per day, taken with meals.
- Flax Oil Capsules: 2 caps, 3 times per day with meals.
- Melatonin: 3mg at bedtime.