Natural Support Strategies To Combat Infections
Infections are caused by various organisms (bacteria, viruses, yeasts and other microbes) that establish residence within the body. Infection can occur in nearly any tissue. While severe infections may require antibiotics or other drugs, most infections can be relieved by stimulating the body’s immune system. Viral and other infections are often self-limited (meaning they will go away on their own), but these types of infections can be shortened by correct immune stimulation.
Antibiotics are WORTHLESS against viral infections, and the overuse and misuse of antibiotics has greatly decreased their effectiveness by causing resistant strains of bacteria.
DIET AND LIFESTYLE RECOMMENDATIONS
- Drink plenty of clear liquids, especially water, herb teas, and vegetable broths and soups during any infection. Avoid sugars and fruit juices which suppress immune function.
- If the infection is generalized (such as a cold, flu, bronchitis), bed rest is preferable.
- Begin the Acute Immune Protocol immediately!
- Buffered Vitamin C: 1,000 mg every hour, or to bowel tolerance. Buffered vitamin C is preferable when high doses are taken to avoid acidity.
For infections of every type:
- Fresh garlic: 1-3 cloves per day, taken as close to raw as possible. (Add to soups or broths at the very end of cooking to preserve antimicrobial effects).
- Refer to Immune Enhancing recommendations, page 9 of your Holistic Health Handbook, if infections are chronic or recurrent.
- Rule outfood allergies if infections are chronic or recurrent.
For respiratory infections
For dental infections
- Activated charcoal: make into a “mini poultice” and hold against infected tooth.
Other skin infections (except fungal infection)
- Activated charcoal poultices applied topically.
Skin fungal infections:
- Essential oil of Tea Tree, applied topically.