Natural Support For These Common Afflictions
Colds and flu are caused by one of over a hundred different strains of viruses. Vaccinations for cold and flu are sometimes useful in people with weak immune systems, but vaccinations alone do not offer complete protection due to the many strains of viruses that cause colds and flu.
Symptoms of common cold include nasal discharge with sneezing and sore throat, usually without fever. Flu is characterized by fever, cough, headache, malaise and cold symptoms.
DIET AND LIFESTYLE
- Have light broths and soups only during acute phase. Avoid fruit juice and all sugars (Sugar suppresses the immune system).
- Drink 64 ounces of pure water or herb teas daily, more if fever is present.
- Bed rest is important.
- Dr. Myatt’s Acute Immune Protocol. Continue Energy Rehab and Immune Boost for 1-2 weeks after cold or flu symptoms subside.
- Vitamin C or Vitamin C powder (Use buffered C when taking high doses): 500-1,000mg every two hours.
- Bromelain: 1-2 caps, 3-4 times per day between meals.
For nasal congestion:
- INSPIROL inhalant: 4-6 times per day.