This is the single best general test for annual health monitoring.
This profile includes:
I.) Chemistry screen:
- Fasting Glucose (blood sugar)
- Uric acid
- BUN (blood urea nitrogen): Measures liver and kidney function
- Creatinine: A test used to measure kidney function
- BUN/Creatinine Ratio: For diagnosis of impaired renal function
- Estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) – kidney function
- Carbon Dioxide
- Total Protein
- Albumin/Globulin Ratio
- Bilirubin: Evaluates kidney and liver function
- Alkaline Phosphatase: Evaluation of liver and bone diseases
- LDH (lactic dehydrogenase)
- AST (SGOT): Evaluates liver function
- ALT (SGPT): Evaluates liver function
- GGT: Liver function
- Iron (serum)
II.) Lipid Profile: Evaluates the risk for developing atherosclerosis (arterial plaque) and coronary heart disease.
- Total Cholesterol
- HDL Cholesterol
- LDL Cholesterol
- Total Cholesterol/HDL Ratio
III.) Complete Blood Count with Differential and Platelet Count:
- Red blood cell count
- Red blood cell indices
- Mean corpuscular hemoglobin
- Mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration
- Red blood cell distribution
- White blood cell count
- Differential count
- Platelet coun
IV.) Thyroid Function
- TSH (Thyroid stimulating hormones)
- T4 (total)
- T3 Uptake
V.) Urinalysis – Diabetes, various forms of kidney disease, and chronic urinary tract infections can show in the urine even if they are not causing symptoms. This test includes urine chemistry and a microscopic evaluation of urine to screen for occult (“hidden” disease).
VI.) Additional Health Markers – Cardiac, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome.
- Hemoglobin A1C — blood sugar control over a 2-3 month period. The “Gold standard” screen for diabetes, pre-diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
- CRP, High Sensitivity (sign of subtle inflammation). A factor in many diseases including heart disease.
- Ferritin (storage iron). Higher levels are strongly associated with increased heart disease risk. Very low levels indicate iron deficiency anemia.
- TIBC / % Saturation (Total Iron Binding Capacity) – Helps differentiate between various types of anemia and to diagnose iron overload (a heart-risk factor).
Product # N367 – Opti-Plus Profile – $225