HealthBeat Newsletter Back Issues
- What’s Old Is New Again – Can You Say “Chia Pet?”
- Fiber: Longevity Secret and More
- More Questions About L-5-HTP and Paxil
- Laughter is the best medicine: Age and Experience Beats Youth and Enthusiasm…
- “Hot Flashes” from this Week’s Conventional Medical Journals
- A Fitness Resource That We Use – And You Can Too!
- Some Thoughts Regarding “Free Medical Advice” – A Nurse Mark Rant…
- “But I really Miss Mashed Potatoes…” Our Secret Cauli-tato Recipe
- Laughter is the best medicine: More Of The “Lowest Form Of Humor”…
- Dr. Myatt’s Christmas Gift Ideas and suggestions
- Laughter is the best medicine: Remembering Hollywood Squares
- Mustard Plasters And A Grandmother’s Dilemma
- And Another Mustard Plaster Success Story
- What About The “Good Sugars?”
- What are “ketones” and “ketosis?” Isn’t Ketosis dangerous?
- L5HTP vs Paxil vs St. Johns Wort: Which to use?
- Laughter is the best medicine: 11 people on a rope…
- Pneumonia – Deadly But Preventable – Here’s How:
- Mom Wishmeyer’s Good Old-Fashioned Mustard Plaster For Chest Infections.
- Common Sense For Colds And Flu…
- We Get Letters: Peanut Oil And Label Claims – How To Know What’s What?
- We get letters: When Will The Super Fast Diet Be Available In A “Paper Book?”
- Laughter is Good Medicine: Test for Dementia
- Special “Heart Health Report” – Heart Attack and Stroke – what are your real risks?
- Dave Checks in – What to do for shingles?
- Laughter is the best medicine: From the kids…
- “Where Was My HealthBeat Last Week!?!” The Techno-Gremlins Ate It…
- Flu and Cold Season Is Coming – But There Is Natural Relief!
- Dr. Myatt’s Mighty Herbal First Aid Kit – For Colds and Flu Too!
- Don’t Forget – Dr. Myatt Has A Crazy “No-Flu” money-back Guarantee!
- Surprise And Disappointment – It Seems Everyone Figures Someone Else Will Do It…
- Laughter is Good Medicine: A Skeletal Bit of Humor
- HealthyTroops.com – What’s It All About?
- We Get Letters – Complete With Lab Results…
- We Get Letters – And Compliments!
- Recent News From The FDA – “Power To The People!” NOT!
- Laughter is Good Medicine: The Times, They Are A-Changin’
- Wellness Club Launches HealthyTroops.com
- It’s Finally Here! The Wellness Club Website Has Had A Make-Over!
- Seems The New Website Is A Hit! (With most folks, at least…)
- Will the REAL Naturopathic Medical Doctor Please Stand Up?
- Laughter is Good Medicine: Anger Management
- It’s Finally Here! The Wellness Club Website Has Had A Make-Over!
- Optimist or Pessimist — Does It Really Matter To Health?
- What I Admire About My European Patients
- A Lesson In How To Get Your Research Funded (And Your Salary Paid): A Look Behind The Scenes
- Got Cancer? Two Reasons You Have My Deep Sympathy
- We Get Questions: What Oil To Cook With?
- Laughter is Good Medicine: Remembering Red Skelton
- Something Wonderful Is Getting Ready To Happen At The Wellness Club!
- The Problem With Research Article Abstracts – Or, How The Rooster Crows To Make The Sun Rise…
- CT Scans And Radiation Risks In Children – Is It Really Worth It?
- Phlebitis / Thrombophlebitis – A Dangerous Condition Much In The News Of Late
- Some Fun With Politics
- Laughter is Good Medicine: Some Truly Useful Information This Week – Conversion Units
- Extreme Sports, Nutrition, Vitamins, And Immunity – A conversation with my car mechanic got me to thinking and researching…
- Lung Disease In A Bag: Why do insist on exposing ourselves to these toxic chemicals?
- Patent Drugs: Prescription For Problems:
- Ginkgo Biloba and Longevity
- A New HealthBeat Feature: Readers Rants!
- We Get Questions: A potpourri this week…
- We Get Questions: Rheumatoid Arthritis – it’s a hopeless diagnosis, right?
- Laughter is Good Medicine: Some Zen sarcasm…
- 3 Steps to A Natural Facelift – A More Youthful Appearance without Botox Or Surgery!
- Cancer In a Can – Are You Really Still Drinking This Stuff?!?
- More Great News For Grape Fans – Study Shows Prostate Cancer Benefit…
- Green Tea Gets A Boost – Yet Another Study Shows It Stops Colon Cancer Tumors…
- The Flu Can Be a Brutal Enemy. Are You Relying on a Flu Shot Alone to Protect You? And How About A Money-Back Good Health Guarantee?
- We Get Questions: Seizures In Children…
- We Get Questions: Hip Problems, Fosamax, Osteoporosis – And “Everything Hurts” For This One Senior – So, What To Do?
- Laughter is Good Medicine: Simple Truths And Knowledge From Our Canine Friends
- Damned If You Do, Damned If You Don’t! The dilemma of Big Surgery
- Dave, With The “Bum Knees” Checks Back In… It still hurts – even after Big Surgery!
- Fibroids, Fertility, and Working For Free… We get questions!
- News Reports, Political Correctness, drugs, and Guns – One thing leads to another…
- Kennedy, Roberts, and Burr – Meddling With Your Health Freedom Again…
- Laughter is Good Medicine: The Latest In Diagnostic Technology, brought to you by Dr. Myatt!
- Yet More Good Reasons To Stop The Pop Habit – Metabolic Syndrome And Addiction
- This week’s FDA “Warnings”…
- The FDA Is “At It Again”… Keeping Us Safe From Mother Nature
- We Get Letters I – Comments and Questions…
- We Get Letters II – Readers Ask Medical Questions…
- Laughter is Good Medicine: Kids Say The Darndest Things – Part 2
- Vitamins: What You Should be Taking, and Why
- Readers Question Of The Week: What Dangers Lurk In Plastic?
- US Ranks 42nd In World For Life Expectancy – What The Heck Is Wrong Here?
- AstraZenca Profits Take Hit In Prilosec Heart Attack Scare
- Problems with Diabetes Drugs continue
- We Get Questions…
- Laughter is Good Medicine: Kids Say The Darndest Things!
- Yet More Good News For Vitamin D!
- Dr. Myatt’s Super Shake recipes
- Alzheimer’s, Heartburn, Or Neither: What’s Your Pleasure?
- Still have “Silver Fillings” in your teeth? You won’t want to after seeing this!
- We Get Letters I – What Natural Treatments Are Available For MS?
- We Get Letters II – Readers Ask Us Medical Questions…
- Laughter is Good Medicine: “Pirates Of The West” stealing from Nature…
- How To Have A Healthy Bowel – And A Healthy Body…
- FDA Updates: “And The Beat Goes On…”
- We Get Letters: Insurance Companies Out Of Control – And Something That You Can Do About It…
- We Get Letters II – Readers Ask Us Medical Questions…
- Laughter is Good Medicine: Wisdom From One Of Our Readers…
07/26/07 The Most Dangerous Food You Can Eat!
- 10 Dangers of Carbohydrates – Carbs are NOT your friend!
- Fungus, Yeasts and Molds: Hidden Cause of Many “Unexplained” Diseases
- Those Not So Golden Years… and the story of a nice little truck.
- Raw Almonds No More! Your Government, Hard At Work Protecting You…
- Laughter is Good Medicine: Like it or not, a Compendium of Puntifications
- Why Aerobic Exercise is a Waste of Time (Dr. Dana Myatt)
- Strontium: The Missing Mineral for Osteoporosis Prevention and Reversal
- FDA Tyranny Now Law: TWO Low Blows For Health Freedom and What It Will Mean to You
- Ask Dr. Myatt: Is Ostaderm Safe for Hot Flashes in a Woman on Breast Cancer Medication?
- Laughter is Good Medicine: The Death of Common Sense
- Political and News Snippets: USDA Extends Public Comment Period For Organic Labeling Standards, FDA rebuffs call for probe into the safety of chemical sweetener Aspartame, U.S. judge levies damages in drug pricing case, and British Big Pharma takes British Gov’t to court – to protect obscene profits.
- A Surprising Essay On The Need To Take Supplements – from a highly respected conventional doctor…
- “Cat Scratch Fever” – What Is It, And How To Treat It? Dr. Myatt tells all...
- Legislative Good News! Your efforts and hard work get results!
- Men: Is Your Water Turning You Into a “Girlie-Man”? Nurse Mark provides some disturbing information about your drinking water, and tells you what you can do about it…
- Laughter Is The Best Medicine: Why do we get all those forwarded jokes in our e-mail anyway? This touching little story might help explain…
- Neurological Disease: What You’re NOT Going To Hear From Your Conventional Doctor. You’ll NEVER hear any of this from your conventional medical doctor, for at least two reasons. First, there are no known cures for neurological diseases in conventional medicine. In fact, even our symptomatic treatments are fairly lame. Secondly, when a doctor does have information about a “non standard” (read that: “not conventional medicine”) approach, he or she could lose their medical license by telling you about it. So don’t be disappointed if your conventional medical doctor, no matter how good or well-respected, doesn’t have much hope to offer. That’s conventional medicine. If I found out tomorrow that I had a neurological disease, here are the steps I would take right away: Read the rest of Dr. Myatt’s article here…
- Freedom – Ours to Keep or Lose. As the Founding Fathers knew, the way we remain free as individuals is because we each have a voice and a vote. If we fail to exercise our freedom to speak and to elect our officials, then we get the government we deserve. That is why I continually encourage you to be pro-active. It’s the only way we can continue to enjoy the freedoms that we do, health freedom included. Read the rest of Dr. Myatt’s article here:
- The FDA’s Road Map to End Dietary Supplements. This document frightens me for the future of America’s access to nutritional supplements – In this document the FDA has laid out a very precise 3-year plan to decimate the nutritional supplement industry, reduce the availability of nutritional supplements to Americans, and to radically increase the price of those nutritional supplements that remain. Read the rest of Nurse Mark’s article here:
- Mother Was Right: Drink Your Vegetables! “A French team now reports that diets rich in flavonoids – the antioxidant compounds in fruit, vegetables, coffee, tea, and chocolate – could reduce the decline in mental function associated with aging.” Following on Dr. Myatt’s article “Vitaminless Vegetables: the New Nutrient Deficiency” this article details important new proof of the value of veggies and fruits. Read this Craig Weatherby article here:
- Letters: Mangosteen Juice – Hip or Hype? And “Dave” checks back in… Find out if this new MLM marvel is for real – Dr. Myatt shares her thoughts about Mangosteen. And, some updates on “Dave” as he works his way to better health – in his letters with Nurse Mark. Read it all here:
- Laughter Really Is Good Medicine. Our readers like to share funnies with us – and this one makes you wonder: does all that healthy living really make you live longer, or does it just make it feel like longer? Read on…
- The Mistakes People Make With Supplements – Some folks are sabotaging their own good health by making these all-too-common mistakes – are you one of them?
- Echinacea – Is It A Weed Or A Wonder-Drug?The news has been busy with a recent report on this traditional herb – why? Haven’t “they” been telling us for years that it’s bogus?
- Access To DHEA At Risk – AGAIN! DHEA, the “Master Hormone” is “Under The Gun” yet again with these two new/old bills…
- Finalized FDA Rules Announced: The FDA is telling us how they’ll be dealing with supplement manufacturers with these new rules – will they help us or hurt us?
- We Get Letters: A quick round of Q & A this week – on subjects we deal with often…
- Laughter Is The Best Medicine: C’mon, there have to be some benefits to growing older…
- Rejuvenate Your Heart In 9 Simple Steps: Contrary to what many people believe, a weak and failing heart is not an inevitable part of aging. With proper care, the human heart is good for 100+ years of service. By following these simple, proven, protective measures, you can lower your risk of heart disease to that of a 20-year-old. Your heart is a very forgiving organ and can be rejuvenated. Here’s how.
- Vitamin D’s Anti-Cancer Potential Affirmed … Again.
- Wanting A Body To Die For: what lengths will people go to for weight loss, and what risks will Big Pharma subject us to for profits? Read on to find out…
- “Muscle Creams” Cause Death Of Young Athlete and we are treated to the “ol’ Double Standard” again. Not a peep from the FDA on this one…
- We Get Letters: “Jane” from a few issues ago wroteback to say she asked her doctor about her drug – and her doctor responded by… read on to find out this doctor’s brilliant solution to her concerns…
- Crime Doesn’t Pay ‘Round These Parts: Meet Sheriff Joe Arpaio – “America’s Toughest Sheriff” – No-one wants to go back to his jail… This will make you smile or frown – you decide…
- Prescription Drugs In Your Drinking Water You are taking your neighbors drugs whether you like it or not! Read on to learn more, and find out how to protect yourself…
- Vitamin D Cuts Cancer Risk By An Amazing 77%You won’t hear it from the American Cancer Society or the AMA or the FDA! Find out more about this latest research…
- We Get Letters The American Cancer Society says the War On Cancer has been won! Do you believe it? We don’t, and neither does this savvy reader…
- Upcoming Bill Strengthens FDA Power To Ban SupplementsThere are smokescreens being laid to keep us diverted from this threat to our health freedoms – read, learn, and act now!
- The Decay Of Organic FoodsNo, the food isn’t rotting, but the standards are, under new USDA rules allowing non-organic ingredients in organic labeled foods…
- Laughter – Not a funny this week, but a heartwarming story and a lesson for us of love and tolerance from our furry friends…
- Poisonous Pop: Is that soda pop a harmless treat or a toxic brew? Read on to learn about the deadly poisons present in soda pop…
- The Double Standards In Medical Research And Reporting: Why do toxic drugs that work poorly at best get better press than natural and traditional treatments with long histories of safety and success? Find out more…
- Supplements and Drugs: Can they be safely mixed? We get letters – read on to learn the answer to this question…
- Deadly Chinese Junk: Are the Chinese intentionally poisoning us and our children and our pets, or do they just not care about anything but our money? Read on to find out…
- Grapes And Dogs: Are the treats you feed your pets really good for them?
- Laughter: Dog Funnies just seemed appropriate this week…
- 5 Proven Ways to Slow Senile Dementia and Alzheimer’s: Those “Golden Years” can be tarnished with a decline in mental abilities and memory loss. But it needn’t be so! A mind is a terrible thing to waste… Read on to learn what you can do.
- “Dave’s” Saga Continues: Learn what happens when conventional medicine runs out of ideas and resorts to throwing drugs at a problem…
- The Chinese Solution To FDA Corruption: It seems the Chinese are serious about cleaning up corruption – Deadly serious…
- Can Arsenic Cure Cancer? It can if it is in the form of a patent medicine. It seems that an ancient Chinese remedy has been “rediscovered” by western medicine… and patented!
- Is That MRI Really Safe? Maybe, or maybe not – so you better see this FDA warning…
- Laughter: Is the pun really “the lowest form of humor”? This obituary might help you decide…
- Seven More Surprising Health Benefits of Fish Oil: Omega-3 fatty acids as found in fish oil continues to show its worth in conventional medical studies. Here are some of the newest research reports on Omega-3 fatty acids, taken directly from recent medical journals…
- Introducing The New Surgeon General: Bush announces his pick for top doc…
- Recent Drug Recalls and Safety Alerts: A selection of recent drug disasters compiled by Dr. Myatt.
- The FDA’s CAM Guidelines: On Again, Off Again… you can give the FDA a piece of your mind here…
- We Get Questions: Does Your Stuff Come From China?
- We Get Questions: How Can I Fix My Bum Knee Quick?
- Laughter: Who Really Runs The Show In Your Local Hospital? Find out here…
- 7 Simple Ways to Decrease Your Cancer Risk: Find out how to safeguard yourself and your family…
- Policosanol Goes Down in Flames: Once touted as a breakthrough, this substance turns out to be a bust…
- New Math: What are you really worth to Big Pharma?
- Trans Fats: The new regulations are making them a thing of the past – or are they?
- Macular Degeneration:An NIH study says that Omega-3 and Vitamin D can help
- Laughter: Why is it that some doctors think they are so special?
- What’s Burning You?Yes, you’ve got heartburn – but maybe not for the reasons that you think! Big Pharma and the Medical Mafia have hoodwinked you again – find out what you can do about it. Read about the simple test you can do at home…
- Washington Updates: What matters more to your senator – money or your health and freedom? You’ve been sold out – read more…
- Counterfeit Drugs: The FDA is warning us about them, but who is responsible? Nurse Mark shares his opinions…
- Obscene Profits are what it’s all about – analysis and opinion by Nurse Mark…
- Mother’s Day is coming: And just where do you think you would be without your mother…
- Laughter: Growing older ain’t for sissies – so you might as well laugh about it…
05/05/07 Political Activism Pays Off!
04/06/07 Are GMO Foods Safe to Eat?
- 7 Compelling Reasons To Take Grape Seed Extract (Dr. Dana Myatt)
- “Illegal” Migraine Drugs Hurt Big Pharma Profits (Mark Ziemann, R.N.)
- Alternative Medicine 2007: The End of Medicine as We Know It (Including Alt Med) (Peter Barry Chowka)
- Saturated Fats: Another Big Fat Lie by Mark Ziemann R.N.
- Don’t Poison Your Pets! Check the Pet Food Recall List Here
- Laughter is Good Medicine: Pictures You Don’t See Every Day
- The Bacon and Egg Cure for High Cholesterol
- More Proof-Positive That Big Pharma Doesn’t Give a Damn About Your Health
(Dr. Dana Myatt)
- Take Action Now to Preserve Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Why Don’t You Bill Insurance? (Mark Ziemann, R.N.)
- Greenest Envy: Make Your Garden The Talk of The Neighborhood
- Laughter is Good Medicine: Best Single’s Ad Ever
02/15/07 LDL Cholesterol: Another Big Fat Lie
01/26/2007 FDA Outlaws Vitamins: Closer By The Minute
01/19/2007 Do We Really Need a “Trans Fat Ban”?
01/11/2007 Dying for Pain Relief
01/04/2007 Welcome to The New HealthBeat!
Sept 27, 2006 Three Hidden Causes of Disease Lurking in Your Mouth
April 14, 2006 Vitamin-less Vegetables
Sept 21, 2005 Antioxidants Explained
July 27, 2005 The End Of Free Access To Supplements?
June 9, 2005 A Special Look At Women’s Health
May 5, 2005 Lower Cholesterol Naturally
Jan. 5, 2005 New Years Resolutions: What value good health?
Dec. 10, 2004 Vitamin Supplements Outlawed as of August, 2005
Nov. 24, 2004 Healthy, Low Carb Thanksgiving Recipes
Oct. 19, 2004 Ingrown Toenails, and General Toenail Care.
Sept 16, 2004 The Truth About Cholesterol, Part II
Sept 3, 2004 The Truth About Cholesterol, Part I
Aug 11, 2004 Taking Good Health to Heart
July 13, 2004 Conjugated Linoleic Acid Reduces Body Fat Mass
June 17, 2004 Not Just Health News… Daily Health News!
June 7, 2004 Remembering Reagan, Avoiding Alzheimer’s
June 2, 2004 Your Health Freedom Under Siege!
May 12, 2004 Meet Your New HealthBeat Editor!
April 30, 2004 Heart Attack and Stroke: What are Your Real Risks?
April 5, 2004 The Ten Most Dangerous Foods: Part II
March 18, 2004 The Ten Most Dangerous Foods: Part I
March 2, 2004 When “Sorry” Doesn’t Help
Feb 12, 2004 5 Most Important Supplements For Health & Longevity
Feb 6, 2004 Dr. Myatt’s Super-Shake
Jan 22, 2004 Do You Really Take All That Stuff ???
Jan 12, 2004 Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Jan 1, 2004 “Liver Cleansing” – Worthwhile or Worthless?
Dec 20, 2003 Beat Flu & Colds The Natural Way
Dec 15, 2003 NurseBeat Update: Stress-Less Holidays
Dec 2, 2003 Memory-Boosting Supplements
Nov 12, 2003 NurseBeat Update: Green tea
November 2003 Life Extending Nutrients
September 2003 US Government Urges Higher Omega-3 Consumption
August 2003 Heart Health Breakthroughs
June 2003 The Product Everyone Should Have on Hand