Dr. Myatt To Be
Maxi Fiber is once again temporarily unavailable - sorry!
Fiber is one of the most important components of a healthy diet, but few of us get enough for optimal health.
- Fiber Complex™ is a great-tasting, easy to use blend that provides the full spectrum of fibers found in a nutritious, whole food diet such as gums, pectins, mucilages, and lignans.
- Fiber Complex™ contains both soluble and insoluble fiber for digestive, heart health and glucose-regulating benefits.
- Fiber Complex™ is suitable for everyday use, since it contains no laxative herbs.
- Fiber Complex™ mixes easily, without becoming gritty or thick
- Fiber Complex™ is hypoallergenic: no corn, soy or gluten, and no artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners.
People on the standard American diet often do not consume the recommended fiber intake per day. The standard American diet consists mostly of refined and processed foods that are literally stripped of their natural fiber content. A fiber intake of 38 grams a day for men and 25 grams per day for women is the recommendation for people under 50 years old. If you are above the age of 50, men and woman should be consuming 14 grams of fiber for every 1,000 calories.
Fiber is the component of food that is either minimally digested or in most instances not digested at all. The positive health effects of fiber are well documented. Some researchers suggest that low fiber diets are a major contributor of the chronic health problems seen in America today.
Fiber is described as either being soluble or insoluble, with each having different properties that are beneficial to your health. Soluble fiber helps modulate blood cholesterol levels, blood glucose levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. Soluble fiber is traditionally found in oats, apples, pears and legumes. Insoluble fiber typically is only minimally digested and adds the necessary bulk that speeds up the digestive system which reduces transit time and promotes regularity. It also aids in reducing toxins that can potentially be absorbed through decreasing the transit time. Insoluble fiber is traditionally found in foods like bran, whole grains, certain fruits and vegetables.
Fiber Complex™ offers a good tasting solution that can be used to supplement the diet, and help those that are striving to improve their nutritional intake and meet the recommended levels.