Neurotransmitter Support for Anxiety and Insomnia
4-amino-3-phenylbutyric acid crosses the blood brain barrier and binds GABA-B receptors (1)
Taurine is a GABA-A agonist (2)
GABA is associated with mood and anxiousness (3)
Kavinace potentiates GABA which is one of the main inhibitory neurotransmitters. Research has shown that higher GABA levels may relieve anxiety and promote restful sleep.
Dr. Myatt’s Comment: I recommend this product to my patients who are low in GABA and my experience has shown me that it works incredibly well as a sleep aid and anti-anxiety formula for these people.
As with most nutritional supplements, do not use without physician supervision when pregnant or nursing.
Suggested Dose: 1-2 capsules at bedtime or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Use only before sleep.
Use caution when combined with medications that have sedative properties.
Kavinace, (60 capsules) Add to cart for price.
Enter Quantity Desired and Click “Add To Cart” Button
Supplement Facts Serving Size 2 Capsules Servings Per Container 60
Amount Per Serving *%DV
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5′-phosphate)
Taurine and 4-amino-3-phenylbutyric acid HCl
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, Vegetable capsule (HPMC, water), and Magnesium stearate (vegetable source).
Does not contain gluten, corn, soy, salt, sucrose, starch, yeast, artificial flavors or artificial colors.
Daily Value (DV) not established.
1. Lapin, I. Phenibut (beta-phenyl-GABA): a tranquilizer and nootropic drug. (2001) CNS.Drug Rev. 7(4): 471-481. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11830761
2. Jia et al. Taurine is a potent activator of extrasynaptic GABA(A) receptors in the thalamus. J Neurosci. 2008 Jan 2;28(1):106-15. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3996-07.2008. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18171928
3. Allan V. Kalueff, Neurobiology of Memory and Anxiety: From Genes to Behavior. Neural Plast. 2007; 2007: 78171. Published online 2007 Jan 10. doi: 10.1155/2007/78171
PMCID: PMC1847471 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1847471/
4. Shulgina, G.I. On neurotransmitter mechanisms of reinforcement and internal inhibition. (1986) Pavlov. J.Biol.Sci. 21(4): 129-140.
5. Sulaiman SA, Suliman FE, Barghouthi S. Kinetic studies on the inhibition of GABA-T by gamma-vinyl GABA and taurine. (2003) Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 18(4): 297-301.
6. Saransaari, P. and Oja, S.S. Taurine and neural cell damage. (2000) Amino Acids 19(3-4): 509-526.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.